Emergency Dentist in Palmdale CA
Normally, when people experience a dental problem it’s a simple matter of making an appointment with their dentist. In some cases, however, you may not have time to wait for an appointment or you may be unable to reach the dentist you normally work with. In these situations, AV Sierra Dental provides the expert ugrent dental care you need to manage pain and protect your teeth. Generally speaking, a dental emergency can be any situation that requires immediate assistance to relieve pain, stop bleeding, save a tooth, or treat potentially life-threatening infections. In other words, it’s any situation that needs immediate attention to prevent further harm.Schedule Your Appointment!
When Should You See A Dental Professional?
The most common reasons to visit an emergency dental facility include:
- Having loose or missing teeth as an adult.
- Severe pain or bleeding in the mouth.
- Signs of infection such as swelling in the gums or face.
- Severe injuries to your teeth such as recently chipped or broken teeth.
- Abscessed teeth, often accompanied by fever, tooth sensitivity, swelling in the face, lymph nodes on the neck, and/or a bump in the gums near the infected tooth.
If you are ever bleeding from the mouth or gums, whether as a result of a tooth injury or not, you should seek emergency dental care as soon as possible. Likewise, if any part of your mouth is in severe or prolonged pain, you should seek emergency help. In the case of injuries, such as chipped teeth, it may be appropriate to seek emergency help if you experience pain or bleeding. In the case of loose or recently lost teeth in adults, seeking urgent dental care can potentially save the tooth or minimize further damage. Finally, if you experience any swelling in the gums, face, or anywhere near your mouth, this may indicate a potentially life-threatening infection.
In any of these situations, AV Sierra Dental is here to offer our expertise in urgent dental care. Contact us to make an emergency dentist appointment and get the professional care you need as soon as possible.
What To Do During A Dental Emergency?
Like any medical emergency, it’s important to remain calm, act quickly, and take precautions. First and foremost, you should contact AV Sierra Dental as soon as possible for an expert emergency dentist appointment. In the meantime, there are several things you should do to prevent further damage or otherwise cause further complications.
- If You’re Bleeding: Keep your head elevated above your heart. Also, apply a cold compress to the area to reduce blood loss and prevent swelling.
- If You Lose A Tooth: Be sure to pick it up by the crown rather than the root. The root, that is the end that sits within the gums, can be easily damaged and must remain moist for the dentist to have a chance to reattach it. Treat your tooth with care while en route to the dentist.
- If You Crack Or Chip A Tooth: Rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the tooth and surrounding gum area. Also, apply a cold compress to avoid swelling.
- If Your Face Swells Up: Stay upright to avoid pushing blood into the head. Also, drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration, as this can increase the risk of complications.
- If You Think You Have A Tooth Abscess: Don’t wait. Get emergency help as soon as possible. Tooth abscesses can spread their infection to the entire jaw, the surrounding tissue, and elsewhere in your body.
How To Prevent Dental Emergencies
Above all, the best way to avoid dental emergencies is to practice good dental hygiene habits and schedule regular checkups with your dentist. This will help ensure your teeth remain healthy and that any issues can be detected as early as possible. Also, if you’re engaging in contact sports or other potentially dangerous athletic activities, be sure to wear a mouthguard. We may not always be able to prevent emergencies, but taking care of ourselves is always the best way to reduce them.
movable option for people missing some or all of their teeth. Customized for each patient, our dentures are high-quality, surround the gum, fit-comfortably, and help restore your natural appearance, speaking ability, and bite.
Book An Urgent Dental Care Appointment
If you’re in need of a nearby emergency dental service in Palmdale, CA, Dr. Oh and the team at AV Sierra Dental are standing by to assist you. We’re open on Saturday for emergency dental appointments and other professional dental services.Book Your Appointment!